2020 Conference - Postponed!!
It is with great regret that the New Zealand Trade & Industrial Waters Forum (NZTIWF) Board formally announces the postponement of the 2020 Industrial Waters conference until 2021. I’m sure that this postponement comes as no surprise, due to the COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the government. The NZTIWF Board has a strong interest and moral responsibility to protect the health of our members and it is very clear that no other option was practical.
But - the conference subcommittee and the conference organisers (Conferences & Events) have been working behind the scenes and are very pleased to announce that the 2021 Industrial Waters conference will be held at the James Cook Hotel in Wellington, 15 to 17 June 2021.
Over the next few weeks Conferences & Events will be contacting presenters and sponsors to update them of the change of date. The websites will be updated accordingly. In the meantime the abstract submission portal will remain open, allowing anyone that is interested in submitting a presentation for the conference in 2021, to do so.
This year the Board had made the decision to include the option to renew your membership when registering for the conference. Now that the conference has been postponed we would still appreciate if you renew your membership and continue your support of the NZTIWF. We have been able to keep our membership rates the same as last year.
As a Board we value the support of our members. Without you we would not be able to provide the benefits of belonging to the forum and continue to actively develop our industry group. The NZTIWF is an incorporated society run by volunteers from a range of industrial waters’ professions and backgrounds. The society governance and day to day management is carried out by Jennifer Leadley, our recently appointed Executive Officer, and the Board in accordance with the society’s constitution.
We sincerely hope that you will join us for another year.
Please click here for more information on how to renew or to sign up as a new member.
Over the next few weeks we will be updating and refreshing our website. We plan to run webinars for members. Maybe we’ll even shoulder tap you to do a presentation of a current topic!
If you are not fully satisfied with your membership of NZTIWF, let us fix that for you. Please email email@example.com to see how we can better meet your needs.
We will be ramping up our use of Linked-In and would like to invite all our members to share your stories on what has been happening in your areas and how you have been dealing with the complexities of completing your workloads during the current Covid-19 pandemic. Please also remember to use this forum to ask about issues you face or seek guidance from others in the group. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4484284/
Let us know if you have any suggestions. We’d love to hear your feedback!
Thanks all for your support and please look after yourself and your families.
NZTIWF Acting President
The New Zealand Trade & Industrial Waters Forum (NZTIWF) is an Industrial Waters Group comprised of members from all sectors of the industry including scientists, Regional and Territorial Authorities, engineers, suppliers and liquid waste operators.
The group is primarily focused on providing real-time solutions to issues facing the Industry, developing national standards and working together to develop sustainable processes that protect infrastructure and the environment.
- Information on upcoming events, publications, policy meetings, an annual conference with a Trade Waste Officers only session and a Liquid Waste Operators only sessions, and national water related initiatives.
- A strong focused group to lobby on your behalf working to develop common standards, procedures and mitigation strategies for water and waste issues.
- Access to a government lobby group that is working hard to create common trade waste standards, procedures and agreed mitigation strategies within regional organisations.
- To take part in the AGM of the NZTIWF and to have a voice in national policy, and influence decisions to issues important to you and your organisation.
- Discounts on conference fees. (For further information on the conference click here)
- Access to a library of publications and conference papers.
- The development of best practice guidelines, regulations, and accreditation systems
- Publicizing your organizations support for the NZTIWF and its innovations and activities.
- Network through the NZTIWF group discussion forum on LinkedIn – ask questions and receive feedback from over 300 industry professionals in five countries.
- Discounts on conference fees. (For further information on the conference click here).
Be a member of an organization that is at the forefront of water issues in New Zealand.