The NZTIWF endorses WasteTRACK as the tracking system for the liquid and hazardous waste industry.
WasteTRACK is an internet-based database, which tracks liquid and hazardous wastes from generation, through transport to treatment or disposal. WasteTRACK allows for independent verification of appropriate treatment and/or disposal, and allows local and central government access to the data for reporting purposes.
From a compliance perspective WasteTRACK provides surety for both the waste generator and the waste carrier.
WasteTRACK is used:
- to monitor and track liquid and hazardous waste to prevent unauthorized discharge into the environment,
- to establish if grease traps, interceptor pits etc. are being regularly cleaned and serviced via the Unserviced Generators Report.
- to generate data for invoicing carrier companies disposing at treatment plants,
- to compare annual trends at treatment facilities (public & private),
- to monitor resource consents for private disposal facilities
- for monthly reports of wastes transported for disposal in an area to develop waste policy
- to assist in identifying priority waste streams for their future management
- to assist in waste minimization.
WasteTRACK is a requirement of the Liquid & Hazardous Waste Operators Code Compliancy Programme.
More details about WasteTRACK can be found here.